Tips for Selecting Your Wardrope
A lot of people ask what they should wear to their photo session? After all, these photographs will become a staple in your family frames and albums for years to come. Choosing timeless, yet appropriate attire will lend to the positive outcome of your photo shoot.
If it’s an indoor session, choosing soft, warm colors can be very pleasing to the lens. Outdoors, you can opt for bolder colors, earth tones or contrasting, such as big stripes paired with a solid color. Pinstripes or small dots generally do not photography well. Wearing accessories can add a nice touch, but try to avoid accessories that are too big as they may overshadow your face.
Here are some general tips to follow for selecting your wardrobe:
- Choose soft colors, such as pink, light blue, lavender, yellow, etc. for dreamy looks
- Choose bold colors such as red, black, dark blue, purple or orange for dramatic looks
- Minimal accessories are best, as too big or too many can detract from the image
- For children, bring outfits that have a lot of creativity behind them. They can be fun, layered looks, sporty, textures (tutus and ruffles for girls look so cute!), jeans, khakis, sweaters, skirts, dresses, etc. “Sunday” wear dress code works well.
- Avoid character t-shirts, shirts with sayings, etc.
- Don’t forget the shoes and socks. Men, avoid wearing white socks with dress shoes. Make sure your shoes are clean, not raggedy or muddy. Barefoot photos can also be fun! For the women, boots, heels, sandals or dress shoes look great.